Conceived as a forum where the Residents of Friends Colony meet and play indoor & outdoor sports, the club has well surpassed its aim to be a centre of bonhomie and warmth. The Club’s unique environment, quality of food, range of services, sports facilities and the clear waters of the swimming pool are a hallmark of this club and is dear to each one of its members.
The beautiful outdoor swimming pool is a member favourite. Members across age groups enjoy the pool through out the summer. The Friends Club puts safety, hygiene and training at the highest priority to ensure that our members get a best in class experience, every time they dive in.
Two well floodlit deco turf tennis courts are available for the members and their dependents with the facilities of ball boys and a marker. Professional coaching at elementary and advanced levels is also available.
Summer – 6.30 a.m. to 09.30 a.m.
03.00 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays – 6.30 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.
Winter – 6.30 a.m. to 9.30 a.m.
3.00 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
Coaching – 3.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
1. Timings : The playing hours will be as under.
2. On Sundays / holidays the courts will be open till 11.00 a.m. in the morning session. The members will have priority during the extended period.
3. Tennis Attire : Members/ Dependents should be smartly dressed in sports attire with tennis shoes with non marking soles.
4. Member & UCP are treated as same.
5. During members time no dependents or guest is allowed to play unless courts are empty.
6. During dependents time members and dependents both can play on first come first served basis.
7. Playing time will not exceed one set or 30 minutes per player whichever is earlier.
8. A player will not play more then 30 minutes if other members / dependents are waiting to play.
9. The player who has already played can play after a gap of 30 minutes of waiting. Also if any members / dependents is waiting and have not played at all will get priority over such player who has already played.
10. If there are players waiting then the player shall have to play either single / doubles or half court.
11. If there are players playing singles and have already started with at least 15 minutes of elapsed time then the players who have come after 15 minutes of game starting shall have to wait till 30 minutes of playing time gets finished.
12. The players playing in the coaching programme from 5.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. shall have to wait 30 minutes before they get the court to play i.e. from 6.30 p.m.
13. The club decorum shall be maintained by Members/ Dependents and their guests at all times. Strict Disciplinary Action will be taken for not adhering to club rules.
An indoor badminton court with wooden flooring and excellent lighting is open throughout the year. A marker is available.
6.00 a.m. to 9.30 a.m.
3.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
6.30 a.m. to 9.30 a.m.
3.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays –
6.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
1. Only Friends Club members, dependents, and guests of members shall be allowed to play on the Club Badminton Court.
2. A member may sign in guests to play on payment of a Guest fees. The current fee is Rs.150/- per guest. The guest MUST be accompanied by the member.
3. The playing hours will be as promulgated from time to time. On Sundays / holidays the courts will be open till 11.00 a.m. in the morning session. The members will have priority during the extended period.
4. The courts can not be reserved by members or dependents. Play shall be exclusively on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis.
5. Members / Dependents will enter their names in a register available with the Marker. They will be accorded priority on the basis of the sequence in which their names appear in the register. Members may exchange priority of play on mutual acceptance. The Marker must be informed of such exchange during member’s time the members will get priority to play.
6. When other players are waiting the duration of play would not exceed one Game or 20 minutes whichever is earlier.
7. The Club Badminton attire is as follows: –
a) Court shoes with White Soles.
b) Shorts / Track Suit.
c) T – Shirt with Track Suit top or half sleeves sweater.
d) Sikh male players must wear under turban (‘patka’).
8. Tea / Coffee / Cold Drinks / Fresh Lime Soda and water will be served by the Club in a specific area adjoining , the Badminton Court no refreshments including water are allowed in the playing area.
9. Role of a Marker : –
a) Marker shall be present at all times when the courts are open.
b) The Marker shall get the courts in the playing condition i.e. arrange net etc 15 minutes before start of play timings.
c) Marker shall play with any member/dependent if asked to do so.
d) Marker shall be responsible for ensuring that on court discipline is maintained by the players as per the rules and regulations.
e) Marker shall not play with a dependent if a member is waiting.
f) During the period when there is a long wait, the Marker shall determine the course of play on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED system as per the register maintained for the purpose. The Dependents must abide by Para 5 above.
g) During exclusive Members’ timings the Marker is to ensure that a Dependent occupying the court immediately ceases to play & vacate the same, when a member approaches to play.
h) In case of any ambiguity members are requested to abide by the markers decision.
1. TO PRESERVE THE QUALITY OF FLOORING MEMBERS / THEIR DEPENDENTS / THEIR GUESTS ARE REQUESTED NOT TO USE THE BADMINTON COURT WEARING BLACK SOLED SHOES.
2. THE STAFF HAS BEEN DIRECTED NOT TO PERMIT THE ABOVE.
3. MEMBERS/ THEIR DEPENDENTS / THEIR GUESTS ARE REQUESTED TO CO-OPERATE.
Excellent place to unwind after a hard day’s toil. The billiard room in the basement has spacious room for uninterrupted movement. The billiard room presently houses one billiards table for members and one for dependents. In addition one pool table is also available.
Summer & Winters –
1:30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays –
12.30 p.m. to 09.30 p.m.
1. Playing Rights (Member’s Room)
Only Friends Club Members and their guests shall be allowed to play. However a guest should not be below 21 years of age.
2. Guests Players
A Member may sign in guests only if personally accompanied to play on payment of guests fees.
3. Playing Fee (Half an Hour)
A Member may sign in guests only if personally accompanied to play on payment of guests fees. a) Members & Dependents : Rs. 22.00 Per Head b) Member’s Guest : Rs. 112.00 Per Head c) Dependent’s Guest : Rs. 85.00 Per Head
a) Tuesday to Friday : 01.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
b) Saturday & Sunday : 12.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
5. Priority of Play
The table cannot be reserved by members, Play shall exclusively be on a first come first served basis.
6. Booking of Table
a) If a member finds the table occupied on his arrival he can enter his name in the register available with the marker for the next game. They will be accorded priority based on sequence in which their names appear.
b) If a Member is to leave the room then he must sign for the next game before leaving.
c) Members may exchange priority of play on mutual acceptance. The member must be informed of such exchange.
d) The members may play collectively if so desired.
7. Duration of Play
When other players are waiting the duration of play would not exceed 30 minutes. A new game may be played if no member is waiting. In case there is one member waiting the two players may mutually decide as to, who is play the next game or else it will be decided with a toss.
a) Two Players : 30 Minutes
b) Three Players : 30 Minutes
c) Four or more Players : 60 Minutes
During a game being played by 4 players for One hour if one player leaves, the game will still continue to be for one hour and not 30 minutes. That player will also not be able to book the next game and shall also have to pay for the table money irrespective of the time played by him.
8. Role of Marker
a) The marker must be present in the room at all times.
b) The marker will play with the members if asked to do so.
c) It is the discretion of the marker to refuse a member or his guest, if he finds at any point the room or table can be damaged or is being damaged.
d) Markers decision is final in case of any dispute and if a problem arises the club secretary may be contacted.
9. Code Of Conduct
All members are requested to maintain a decorum in the Billiard & snooker room. In case any of the following damages, the members shall be find: –
a) Neaps or cuts/ hole on the table : Rs. 1000/-
b) Breakage or damage of cue : Rs. 500/-
c) Damage of walls, upholstery or carpet : Rs. 500/-
10. Dependents Code of Conduct
a) Smoking: – If a dependent is find smoking in the room he / she shall be given warning followed by being debarred from using the snooker room for one week.
a) Members are requested to maintain silence and proper conduct at all times.
b) This is a strictly no smoking room and disciplinary action would be taken against any person smoking in the room.
c) The television in the room is to be kept with the volume ‘off’ unless there in no other member in the room OR there is no objection from any other member in the room.
d) The M1 snooker table is strictly for ‘MEMBERS ONLY’. Members guests and dependents are not allowed to play on it. The centre table and pool table is for Members, their guests and Dependents.
e) If the members, their guests or dependents are found disobeying any rule or found damaging any property of the room, the MARKER has the discretion to refuse any one from playing. The MARKERS decision will be final and binding.
f) Members and Dependents are requested not to throw the balls or cues on the table as this could damage the cloth and slate of the table.
g) Members and Dependents are requested not to eat while playing. Kindly clean your hands as to avoid any stains on the cloth.
The club has one air conditioned squash court with wooden flooring. Plans are in place for providing a glass back and side wall. A marker is available.
6.00 a.m. to 9.30 a.m.
3.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
6.30 a.m. to 9.30 a.m.
3.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays –
6.30 a.m. to 11.00 p.m.
3.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
1. Beyond 5 minutes from the booking time, the court shall be allocated to the next waiting member(s).
2. In case the waiting member has a subsequent time slot booking to the above, he will only retain the booking in case he commences play 15 minutes prior his original booking subject to no other member is waiting as per the current waiting list displayed at the marker counter.
3. Court shoes with Gum Soles are only allowed. Shoes with any black marking sole is not permitted.
4. In case 2 members play together and have two separate squash bookings as the same day and session. Only one booking will be retained.
5. A members shall not be entitled to play more then one slot in case another member is waiting.
6. Decision of the squash marker will be final and binding.
7. A member may book the court only in the register available with the Marker.
8. A member shall book a game ONLY in his/her name. Booking in the name of family members or friends is strictly prohibited.
9. A member shall be allowed to book a maximum of two games at a time.
10. The member shall be charged Rs.5/- for booking the first game and Rs.10/- for the second.
11. The booking shall only be valid if the member has signed the voucher for the booking charges and the voucher number entered in the booking register against his/her name.
12. A member shall be allowed a grace of five minutes to use his/her booking. In case a member is late beyond five minutes the booking shall stand cancelled.
13. In the event of cancellation of a booking the Marker shall allot the game to any players waiting in priority of their waiting order or in case no such player is waiting, to the member who has booked the next game and is available to play.
14. In case a member is found misusing the booking system in any way, the Marker has the authority to refuse booking and report the matter to the Squash member. In addition the member shall be liable to be levied a penalty of Rs.50/- (Rupees fifty only).
15. Charges Rs.200/- per month
Guests Rs.112/- per person/ per session
16. Bell system has been introduced which be ring at the end of the each 30 minutes game slot. Second bell will be ring after 30 seconds of the first bell. It will be mandatory for the players in the court to vacate immediately upon the 2nd bell.
17. Members can book a maximum of 2 games at a time. Advance booking can be maximum of 2 days in advance only. Any game booked not conforming to the rule will be automatically cancelled and the club will not he held responsible for any such errors on the part of members players.
A healthy life is a happy life. For all the fitness conscious members and dependents “Elemention” provides these facilities throughout the year in the health club.
Timings :- 06:00 AM – 09:30 PM
Kids play room is equipped with Board Games, Music Instrument, play doh, Colors. A wall where they can express their creativity and much more for children to have a blast with their friends.
Weekdays – 04.00 P.M. to 09.00 P.M.
Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays:– 11.00 A.M. to 09.00 P.M.
Timings:- 06.30 A.M. to 09.00 P.M
A perfect place for fun and play with friends and dear ones. Rejuvenate yourself without any vigorous exercise.
A perfect place for bridge lovers. Five tables available for bridge on Saturday & Sunday . On other days members can book on its availability.
This room is also used for conference and clubs meetings
11.00 a.m. to 09.00 p.m.
1. Category of Card Members / Charges
a) Regular (those subscribing) Rs. 150/- + Service Tax per month
b) Non regular Rs. 25/- + Service Tax per day
c) Guests Rs. 50/-* + Service Tax per day
2. Issue of Cards packs
a) Rummy: – One set of three cards packs shall be issued on each table, on the 1st day of every calendar month for regular members only.
b) Bridge: – One set of two cards packs shall be issued on each table, on the 1st day of every calendar month for regular members only.
c) Demand Of New Cards Packs: – In case any regular/non regular member demands new packs of cards after the 1st day of every calendar month the said member shall pay Rs.40/- per pack of cards.
Rated as the best, utmost care is taken to make the members comfortable in a refreshing ambience and comfortable air conditioning. Stocked with the best of beer, whiskey and wine, your spirits are bound to soar high.
1. TRACK SUITS / SPORTS CLOTHING / HAWAII ‘CHAPPAL’ ARE NOT PERMITTED.
2. SIMILARLY GENTLEMEN ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ENTER THE ‘BAR AREA’ IN SHORTS / BERMUDAS HOWEVER LADIES MAY WEAR SHORTS IF THEY SO DESIRE.
3. SHIFT OF ANY FURNITURE ITEM IN THE BAR AND DISTURBING THE LAYOUT OF THE BAR, IS NOT PERMITTED WITHOUT SPECIFIC MANAGEMENT APPROVAL.
4. ADHERENCE TO THE ABOVE IS SOLICITED FROM ALL MEMBERS & THEIR GUESTS.
5. MEMBERS ARE REQUESTED TO SHOW THEIR CLUB IDENTITY CARD ON REQUEST BY THE CLUB STAFF.
6. MAXIMUM TWO-CENTRE TABLE CAN BE JOINED. (SEATING TEN MEMBERS).
7. MEMBERS ARE REQUESTED TO CO-OPERATE.
1. Dependents / Children below the age of 21 years are not permitted in the Bar premises.
2. No one below the age of 25 years will be served liquor in the Bar.
3. Drinks will be consumed only inside the bar. No one will be allowed to take glasses out side the licensed Bar.
4. Drinks can be consumed in bar only and not on Smoker’s Terrace.
5. Last order during afternoon at 2.30 p.m. and for evening at 11.30 p.m. Any order after 2.30 p.m. during afternoon and 11.30 p.m. during evening will not be entertained.
6. Last round will be served individually to the members concerned only. Ordering of 5/6 pegs of whisky or 5/6 bottles of beer just before bar closing by one member is not be permitted.
7. Members may note they cannot bring their own liquor inside Club Premises.
8. A special license is required to be obtained i.e. L-20, for a particular function consumption of liquor which will be allowed only within the specified area there in.
9. Members are requested to show their club identity card on request by the club staff.
10. Liquor will be consumed only inside the Bar Room. No one will be allowed to take/carry Liquor out side the Bar Room.
11. Use of Narcotic and Psychotropic substances is absolutely prohibited on the Club Premises and any person found consuming the same shall be escorted out of the Club Premises immediately.
12. Use of vulgar/objectionable words/language is prohibited on the Club Premises and any person caught using the same shall be escorted out of the Club Premises. The decision to escort a person out of the Club Premises shall be in the sole discretion of the concerned F&B fb_managers/Captain of the Club.
13. Outside Liquor and eatables are strictly prohibited inside Club Premises.
14. Track suit / sport clothing / Hawaii ‘Chappal’ are not permitted in the Bar Room.
15. Gentleman are not permitted to enter the ‘Bar Area’ in shorts / Bermudas however Ladies may wear shorts if they so desire.
16. A member can bring a maximum of 12 guests to the Bar Room. For the first six guests the member shall be charged at the standard applicable guest fee rates for entry and use of Club facilities and for guests numbering beyond six but upto twelve the member shall be charged at a rate equivalent to double the standard guest fee rate for entry and use of Club facilities.
17. No individual shall be allowed to enter the Club more that 8 times in a month as a guest, even though he may be signed in by different members.
18. Members are requested not to shift any furniture item in the Bar Room and disturb the layout of the Bar Room except with the prior permission of the Bar fb_manager. The Bar fb_manager may refuse to accede to the request of a member if in his opinion, the same is likely to cause inconvenience to other persons using the Bar Room.
19. All members and their guests are requested to adhere to the above mentioned rules.
20. Members are responsible and accountable for the actions/acts of their guests and themselves and the member(s) indemnify the Club from any liability that may arise as a consequence of such acts.
21. The F & B fb_manager and staff have the right and responsibility to refuse service to any intoxicated or unruly member or guest and also escort them out of the Club Premises if required.
22. Please note that consumption of liquor and smoking is injurious to health.
1. AS PER EXCISE RULES DRINKS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE TAKEN OUTSIDE THE LICENCED BAR AREA IN ANY MANNER.
2. MEMBERS ARE REQUESTED TO CO-OPERATE.
3. BREACH OF THIS RULE IS LIABLE TO ATTRACT DISCIPLINARY ACTION.
Rules For Holding Private Functions / Conferences in the Club
Only Members are permitted to host personal parties/Conference at the Club, subject to their acceptance to adhere to rules of the Club for parties/conferences . A brief of same is given below for ready reference.
1. Booking of Parties: –
a) Members shall be personally present to book the party. Club photo Identity Card of the member is required at the time of booking the Function/Conference.
b) The members booking the function/conference party should not be on the defaulters list for arrears of payments. In the event the member name is on defaulters list on the day of the party the booking shall stand cancelled.
c) Party shall be booked on a fixed menu.
d) Booking for the lawn is only for the Parties with Food Service from the club & for minimum 50 persons.
e) Minimum advance amount of 50% of estimated cost of the party, which ever is higher, shall be payable towards food and beverage Charges for parties to be held in Front Lawn & Banquet Hall.
f) All payments of party as advance & final payment must be made by cheque only payment through (Cash / Draft / Credit Card not allowed).\
g) No out side Food, Snacks or Beverage will be allowed in the Club.
h) Booking by telephone / letter will not be termed as confirmation. Party order form must be signed by the member for booking and the booking will be confirmed by the club only after payment of advance as at (f) above.
i) Marriage function, religious ceremonies, sales & exhibitions or any commercial activity are prohibited in the Club premises.
j) D.J. & Music is not allowed in Lawns & Mini Hall (Patio) after 10.00 P.M.
k) The Club will not be responsible for any mishappening at the time of party.
2. Venue Charges: –
a) Gardenia :
Lunch & High Tea: Rs. 5000/-
Dinner: Rs. 8000/-
b) Banquet Hall : Rs.4000/-
c) Music System : Rs.1000/-
The charges from a to c are non-refundable in case of cancellation, if the written information is not received before 15 days of party date.
The Service Tax will be charged as applicable (present rate is 5.80%)
3. Bar License: –
a. Separate Bar License is needed in case bar service is required. Bar License fee as laid down by Excise Dept. is to be paid in advance.
b. The Service Tax will be charged as applicable (present rate is 5.80%)
c. No alcoholic beverages shall be served without the Bar License.
d. If Bar License is required please inform the club office minimum seven days before the party.
4. Durations of Parties:-
a. Afternoon Parties: – 11.00 AM to 3.00 PM
b. Evening Parties: – 4.00 PM to 7.00 PM
c. Dinner Parties: – 8.00 PM to 11.00 PM
a) No left over food is allowed to be taken out of the club premises.
b) In case of cancellation 24 hours in advance 50% of the total cost of menu will be charged.
c) In case of cancellation 7 hours in advance 25% of the total cost of menu will be charged.
6. Clearance of Dues: –
(a) Member booking the party will sign all party vouchers immediately on completion. No alteration will be entertained after the signature.
(b) Loss or breakage of crockery, cutlery, glassware’s etc. will be born by the member booking the party.
(c) Loss / Damage to Friends Club property if any will be paid for by the member booking the party.
(d) Members are required to be present during the function and to clear the final bill by cheque immediately after the party is over. The bill of party will be debited in the Member’s individual account.
(e) Following charges will be in addition.
The main purpose of the Library is to serve its members by providing literary, reference, and supporting materials for entertainment and knowledge enhancement.
In order to facilitate ease of access the Library is located centrally in the Club, employs a dedicated librarian, is open seven days a week till 9:00 PM, and is fully computerized.
Home to nearly 15000 books comprising fiction, nonfiction, and reference works, a wide range of magazines, and nearly 1000 DVDs, the Library aims to cater to the diverse interests of all age groups including children. Special efforts are made to acquire the latest books and DVDs, from time to time, keeping in mind the demand of members. All members are apprised of such acquisitions through the monthly issue of “Flair”.
With a view to ensuring the optimal functioning of the Library, including equitable access to books and DVDs, members are requested to observe its rules and regulations which are now also available on this website.
The primary function of the Club library is to serve its members by providing library, reference and supporting materials for their entertainment and enhancement of knowledge.
The rules and regulations governing the operations of the library are for the effective, dissemination of and access to, library materials in an orderly and timely manner to its member. Observance of these rules and regulations is so essential for the smooth & efficient functioning of the library depends in large part on the co-operation of its patrons.
Monday to Friday – 11.00 a.m to 9.00 p.m
Saturday & Sunday – 10.00 a.m to 9.00 p.m.
Only members and their dependents are allowed to draw books from the library.
3. Library Staff
a) The Library will be in the charge of such staff as the committee may decide from time to time. b) Members are requested to show due consideration to the librarian. c) The librarian has no power to relax the library rules. d) If any member has any suggestion/complaint he/she is requested to submit it in writing to the librarian for transmission to the library sub-committee
4. Number of books allowed
a) Maximum 8 books (including 2 reference books) are allowed to be drawn by members and their dependents, collectively, at any one time. b) In addition, maximum 2 DVDs may be drawn by members and their dependents, collectively, at any one time.
5. New Books
a) Books will classified as “NEW” till they have been in library for 2 months, thereafter they will be classified as old books. b) New books will be kept on separate shelves for 2 months. c) A list of new books, which are to be put into circulation, will be posted on the library notice board.
A member may reserve a book or DVD at any time by sending a written request to the librarian giving the name and the author of the book or by writing it in a register kept in the library for this purpose.
7. Books not transferable
Passing of books to other members is not permitted and a book issued in the name of a member will be his/her responsibility.
8. Books are not permitted to be taken out of station.
9. Loan periods and renewals
a) Library books are available for loan for a period of 14 days from the date of issue.
b) The same can be renewed for another period of 14 days in case the same have not already been reserved by another member.
c) In case of reference books and DVDs the loan period shall be 3 days only, and the same may be renewed for another 3 days, in case the same have not already been reserved by another member.
10. Return of Books
a) Members are requested to return the books during library hours within the loan period stated above.
b) Members wishing to return the books when the library is not open may place the books in the books drop box provided for the purpose in the floor_manager. Books from this box will be removed by the librarian each day. A member availing himself of this facility will be responsible for his books and the librarian can accept no responsibility for them.
c) Books left for return either with the floor_managerist or with any of the club staff will be entirely at the member’s risk.
The librarian will normally issue reminders for all books which are over due from members within 15 days, but non-receipt of a reminder by a member shall not absolve him/her from returning a book by the due date nor will it relieve him/her of the responsibility of fines.
12. Books Damaged
A member returning a book in a damaged condition will be liable to be charged the expenditure incurred for restoring the book to its proper condition or the replacement cost of the book.
13. Loss Of Book
a) If a member reports the loss of a book on or before the due date, he/she shall be liable for the cost of replacement of the book as certified by the librarian, or if the book is not locally available, such compensation for the loss as the library sub-committee may decide.
b) If the loss is reported later the member shall be liable for the fines as well as the replacement cost.
14. Overdue penalties/fines
a) Members shall be charged Rs.1/- per day of delay in return of old books and Rs.5/-per day of delay for reference books/DVDs and new books.
b) The librarian shall submit overdue charges reports on a monthly basis to accounts for billing to members concerned.
c) If members do not return reference books /DVDs after 10 days of due date the cost of reference books/DVDs will be debited to their account.
15. Overdue notice
Within 15 days of the book/DVDs becoming overdue, a notice shall be sent to the member requesting return. In case the material is not returned with 60 days of it becoming due, the member shall be charged the replacement cost of the book, overdue charges and binding charges (if applicable). In case material is not received within 60 days of due date, advice is to be sent to accounts for recovery.
16. Lost and found
Personal articles found in the library should be handed to the librarian.
a) Consumption of food, beverages, and the use of tobacco products is not permitted in the Library.
b) Mobile Phones are to be put on silent mode in the Library.
c) Members are requested not to make noise in the Library.
d) New Magazines are not to be taken outside the Library.
Friends Club is deeply committed to its members, in particular our elderly members and those who may be differently abled.
We have made a sincere effort, which is ongoing to tray and create facilities that are easy to access and use for all.
Lifts, Ramps and Wheel Chairs are available for Differently abled / Senior Citizens.
Incase you need more information or help, the club staff will be available for assistance.